What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) helps to optimize websites to improve the ranking on the Search Engine Result Ranking Page (SERP). SEO helps users to get relevant search results through a search engine.
There are three types of SEO
- On-page SEO – This type of SEO helps to optimize on the content that’s on the page to gain SEO value and therefore website ranking for related keywords.
- Off-page SEO – This type of SEO helps to direct the links to the website from other domains on the internet. The number of domains links carrying those links that redirect to your website would help you build SEO value and therefore help your website rank higher in the SERP.
- Technical SEO – Website architecture is one of the factors to be considered as Google examines the code of the website to see how it is technically set up which is quite important to improve the ranking of the website in the SERP.
It is therefore important to develop a specific SEO strategy that provides the audience with the right content. Following are the steps involved to create a perfect SEO strategy
- Plan on the list of topics
- Make a list of long-tail keywords related to the planned topics
- Create content to build a page for each topic
- Create a blog
- Develop page authority by blogging every week
- Plan the link-building strategy
- Upload compressed visuals on the website
- Stay updated with the latest SEO trends and practices
- Keep a track of the SEO implementation to measure the success of the content
Plan on the list of topics
Planning the topics for your website is the first step. Plan the list of topics you wish to cover. Form a list of short words associated with your service/product. Use a keyword tool to identify keywords with variations and to understand the search volume. There are two types of keywords short-tail keywords and the long tail keywords. Short tail keywords are simply too competitive to bring better ranking on Google SERP. While long tail keywords are less in search volume and are less competitive as these types of keywords are more specific.
Make a list of long-tail keywords related to the planned topics
Keywords form the brain of SEO. To know your keyword, it is important to know the needs of the visitor. Therefore, you should know what is the keyword that a visitor would use to reach your website. Keywords help to drive organic traffic to your website. Combination of a specific set of keywords called Long-tail keywords which are clear and well defined. Long tail keywords are less in competition and help to rank your website at the top of the SERP.
Create content to build a page for each topic
Decide 10 strong topics and create a web page for each webpage and make sure to use long tail keywords. Come up with the table of contents with subtopics for the reader to understand. Use your keywords list to create pillar pages much relevant to the different services, products, locations, and business. This would help prospects and customers to find your products in through the SERP.
It is critical to add relevant content to each webpage and add pictures and links to pages that can add value to the user experience.
Create a blog
Blogging can be an effective method to rank and drive traffic to your website by using the correct set of keywords. Avoid using long tail keywords more than three times in a single page. If there too many occurrences of your keyword, then search engine flags your web page under keyword stuffing and this results in a dip in the website rank.
Develop page authority by blogging every week
Blogging is done to help your audience reach your website and not the website. Plan a list of webpages that you plan to create, schedule and prioritize webpages that help you achieve business goals.
Plan the link-building strategy
Link building involves directing the inbound links to your website from any other third-party domain on the internet. If the link is directed from a website which has good page authority it has a good impact on the rank of the webpage to which it links.
Compress all media before putting it on your website.
Compressing the media before uploading it on the website is critical for any SEO process. As compressed media is lighter on the page speed. This is one of the ranking factors through which search engines decide a better ranking place to place your web page in its index.
Stay updated on the latest SEO trends and practices
The search engine technology and standards are ever-changing – staying updated with the latest SEO trends and implementations is a daunting task. There are tools to understand the latest trends an practices and some of them ae
- Search Engine Land
- This Blog!
- Search Engine Roundtable
- Diggity Marketing
Keep a track of the SEO implementation to measure the success of the content
Create a console that uses Google sheets or excels or a web analytics tool to track the performance of your website. This benefits to monitoring the keywords, inbound links, ROI, leads, tracking indexed page and the rankings on SERP. All these would help you recognize your success of how well you have implemented the SEO factors which will also help to understand the areas of improvement.